Monday, January 21, 2008

Coco and Sadie - Weekend Recap

The past few days has been fairly uninteresting from a blogger's point of view. Ming and I didn't do anything terribly exciting with the dogs since we had to do a lot of work. Sadie and Coco seemed happy to have us in the house even though we couldn't actively play with them the entire time. They continued to enjoy one anothers company and do their wrestling/playing in the pen.

Sadie did very well on Sunday night. We had to leave her home alone since we were going to have dinner with my parents. My parents are definitely not dog people. They very much dislike dogs and had a very tough time accepting Coco. My parents still do not want Coco to sit in their laps; petting is about as much affection as they are willing to show Coco. We took Coco to my parents house for dinner but had to leave Sadie at home since two dogs would have overwhelmed my parents. Sadie did well and didn't utter a peep when we (including Coco) left her in the house. When we got home Sadie was, of course, very happy to see us and her tail was wagging like crazy. (A wagging tail signals a dog is happy.) Due to Sadie's good behavior while home alone, she got a treat. We gave her a doggy cupcake and she ate it in the strangest fashion. She ate everything except the frosting. Winnie was most definitely right in that Sadie doesn't like sweets but is very willing to eat around the sweet part.

Tomorrow will be a big day for Sadie and Coco. I'm going to take Sadie to the vet so she can get some shots. Sadie's vet is on the way to the city, which is where I'm working tomorrow. Since I'm driving up to the city tomorrow, I've also decided to take Coco to work with me. Coco doesn't get to come to work that often with me since I don't want her to overextend her welcome. It's a win-win situation. Sadie gets her shots so that she can then go to dog parks and other fun outdoor activities and Coco gets to share the day with me at work.

No comments: